Tongues are Speechless


Hello Miya’s Staff and Owner,
You may remember me:  I provided you with a new quote last night:  ”The food is so good our tongues are speechless.” I was there with two new friends from New Haven.
The tasting menu was unbelievable!
I am 61 years old, a musician, and I have had great meals all over the world, in Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Paris, Rome, Florence, Milan, Los Angeles, Santa Fe, San Francisco, New Orleans, and New York–where I live–and I have to say this meal was one of the 5 or so great dining experiences of my life. Each course was so amazing and original and creative that we were convinced that the next one could not possibly be as good, but it was even better–FOR ALL 10 COURSES! It was impossible to pick a favorite, although for sheer outrageousness inventiveness, the catfish and cheese wrapped in grits (am I remembering correctly?) has to be right up there. And to top accompany it, the Firecracker Saki. OMYGODAREYOUKIDDINGME?!!!!!!! Outrageously great!!!!!!!
I am still in a true state of shock and awe at the food and the entire dining experience.  Our waitress was also a complete and total genius at delivering the descriptions and hilarious titles of the dishes in a completely deadpan manner that left us in stitches. Sign her to a lifetime contract!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart and palette for an extraordinary dining experience. I hope to return very, very, very soon, with more friends in tow. Until then, wishing you continued success and exploration,
Guy